voice over internet protocol seminar presentations seminar description
voice over internet protocol seminar presentations download
what is voip ?
voice-over-internet protocol (voip) is a protocol optimized for the transmission of voice through the internet or other packet-switched networks.
- it’s the topic of intrest since first computer network #1973
- internet reached to end users #1980
- a product called vocaltac internet phone launched with some extra features #1996
- only possible to talk with vocaltac devices not gateway to pstn
- softswitches #1998
introduction to voip
- voice-over-internet protocol (voip) is a protocol optimized for the transmission of voice through the internet or other packet-switched networks.
- voip aka internet telephony, broadband phone, broadband telephony, voice over broadband etc.
- experimented as network voice protocol in arpanet #1973
- voice-over-ip systems carry telephony signals as digital audio, typically reduced in data rate using speech data compression techniques, encapsulated in a data-packet stream over ip.
why to use voip….?
- less expensive than pstn
- more than one call @ one time
- providing some services at zero or near zero cost. i.e conference, call forwarding, automatic redial etc.
- secure calling due to standardize protocols
- location independence
- integrated with services of internet
Download seminar presentations for college seminar with report